Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I’m Moving On ~ David Carroll and New River Line Brand New CD!

Early in October David Carroll and New River Line Brand released a new album with 12 awesome original tunes!

I bought myself a copy of the new CD when I was at Rattlesnake Ridge last weekend. It really is a great bunch of tunes with my favorite being Old Kentucky Farmers. Old Kentucky Farmers and 10 other songs were written by David Carroll. John Branham wrote the instrumental Roscoe P Coaltrain and Adam Collinsworth co-wrote Home.

This album was a long time coming. While in the middle of working on the recordings for the album New River Line lost a good friend and band member. Jerry Chaney, who was with the band since it started 8 years ago, was killed in an auto accident. The world of bluegrass music really lost something when Jerry left us. He will always be missed and remembered. In so many ways this album is a tribute to Jerry, a great dobro player, singer, family man and friend.

Tracks on David Carroll and New River Line’s I’m Moving On:

1. Long Haul Trucker’s Blues (David Carroll)
2. You Can’t Run From The Devil (David Carroll)
3. Broken Man (David Carroll)
4. Forever Till The End (David Carroll)
5. The Love We’d Once Known (David Carroll)
6. Home “The Soldier’s Song” (David Carroll and Adam Collinsworth)
7. Roscoe P. Coaltrain (John Branham)
8. I’m Rich Don’t You See (David Carroll)
9. I’m Thinking You Don’t Love Me Anymore (David Carroll)
10. It’s All Over Now But The Crying (David Carroll)
11. Old Kentucky Farmers (David Carroll)
12. I’m Moving On (David Carroll)

Available soon at www.NewRiverLineBluegrass.com or contact David Carroll at (606) 265-3632.

The CD was recorded at Jack’s Trax Studio Paintsville, Kentucky State of the Art Digital Recording (606) 793-1808

David Carroll and New River Line Facebook Fan Page www.facebook.com/DavidCarrollandNewRiverLine

3 comments:

  1. I bought this CD not too long ago. I love all the songs on it but would have to say Old Kentucky Farmers is my favorite. David Carroll just so happened t have written that one, actually there are several original songs on thie album. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys bluegrass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Jerry Chaney's wife Kim, and in my oppinion this is the best album yet for New River Line and of coarse the most special to me. MY favorite song on the album is I'm movin on. It was always my favorite, even when Jerry Wayne was learning the song, and then I did'nt know why. Listen to the words as he sang them and I'm sure you will be touched as I have been. Thank You Dave for making sure this was a tribute to the most wonderful man in this world. I know his smile is bigger now than it ever has been. Thank you also for allowing me to be a part of the album as well. I am truly honored to have been able to sing with my husband on one of the greatest love songs ever written. When we sang this one together it always felt somehow like it was our life, and now I know it was. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Kim, I wish that I could have had the chance to meet Jerry.

    ReplyDelete